Calling all Dashboard Poets!
- Are you bored with the same ol’ same ol’ songwriting classes?
- Are you game for digging deeper into your lyric writing?
- Do you wish someone would off something different?
- What if there really are some approaches to writing lyrics that would turn your writing upside down? Would that be interesting to you?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then I’ve got some excellent news for you.(This is soooo cool.)Beginning Monday, May 15th, I invite you to join my Dashboard Poets lyric class. If you’re ready to take your lyrics to the next level, this class is for you.Seriously.True Confession Time
Wanna’ know what I’d call my best-kept songwriting secret? I not exaggerating. This one ‘find’ changed everything for me: Poetry.Yes, poetry.Once I started reading poetry the creative floodgates flew open.I’m not the only songwriter who uses poetry as an inspiration. Do you know that amazingHugh Prestwood song that Trisha Yearwood recorded, “The Song Remembers When?” Read Anne Sexton’s poem, “Music Swims Back to Me,” and see the similarities. Check out poet Wyn Cooper‘s poem, “Fun,” and see if it reminds you of a hugely famous Sheryl Crow tune.
Dashboard Poets: Using Poetic Devices to Write Great Lyrics
Every week for six weeks an award winning poet will be giving us a new poem and new perspective into lyric writing. Each week we will work off the poem and what we learn from the poet’s use of language to take our own work to the next level.
What You Get
- One online lesson every week for SIX weeks. Your lessons arrive in your inbox, and you work on them at your own pace.
- Access to our private Dashboard Poets facebook site where we’ll post our work and encourage each other along the way
- Group Q&A Call at the end of our class where we’ll make sure any lingering questions get answered
- Your lyrics taken to a new level
How Much is your investment? $297
I heard Belinda Smith speak at a songwriting seminar in Atlanta, and I was so impressed. It wan’t just her experience and knowledge, but also her desire to help songwriters at all levels of development. Belinda really is a teacher at heart and a joy to be with. Without hesitation I signed up for the Inner Circle 1-on-1 Mentoring Program and I’m sure glad I did. After working with Belinda, my writing is more focused and intentional. I have an improved understanding of song stucture and I’m writing better molodies. I plan to continue studying with Belinda and strongly recommend her as a mentor to any songwriter. No matter what your songwriting expertise is today, Belinda will meet you where you are and guide you to the next level. -Jerald Hill, Ball Ground, GA
Thanks for believing in me and your awesome support. You rock! – Ru Breau, songwriter, artist ￼
Eight short months ago, I came stumbling blindly into your mentorship…wanting to write, but having no idea how to break down that barrier between me and a song. Today, I experienced recording for the very first time and laid down vocal tracks for two of my own songs. It was a humbling experience, hearing those songs come to life in the studio. I have no idea how I got from there to here, but I definitely know I have YOU to thank for it. Thank you. -Jill Jones
I won the competition!!!! You are the best Belinda Smith! – Kate Thompson