Calling all Dashboard Poets!
- Are you bored with the same ol’ same ol’ songwriting classes?
- Are you game for digging deeper into your lyric writing?
- Do you wish someone would offer something different?
- What if there really are some approaches to writing lyrics that would turn your writing upside down? Would that be interesting to you?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then I’ve got some excellent news for you. (…and that’s not even hype.) We’re starting an incredible class Monday, January 30th, and Dashboard Poets II offers exactly what you’re looking for. If you’re ready to take your lyrics to the next level, this class is for you.
Wanna’ know what I’d call my best-kept songwriting secret? This one ‘find’ changed everything for me: Poetry.
Once I started reading poetry the creative floodgates flew open. I’m not the only songwriter who uses poetry as an inspiration. Do you know that amazing Hugh Prestwood song that Trisha Yearwood recorded, “The Song Remembers When?” Read Anne Sexton’s poem, “Music Swims Back to Me,” and see the similarities. Check out poet Wyn Cooper‘s poem, “Fun,” and see if it reminds you of a hugely famous Sheryl Crow tune.
Dashboard Poets II: Using Poetic Devices to Write Great Lyrics
Every week for six weeks an award winning poet will be giving us a new poem and new perspective into lyric writing. Each week we will work off the poem and what we learn from the poet’s use of language to take our own work to the next level.
What You Get
- One online lesson every week for SIX weeks. Your lessons arrive in your inbox, and you work on them at your own pace.
- Access to our private Dashboard Poets facebook site where we’ll post our work and encourage each other along the way.
- Group Q&A Call at the end of our class where we’ll make sure any lingering questions get answered.
- Your lyrics taken to a new level.
Bottom Line: How Much, Belinda
$297. Not bad, eh?
Join us NOW!